Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager
Salary £50,000 to £60,000 Plus Company Car and Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a leading supplier of construction materials to recruit a Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager. With a diverse portfolio, this role will lead on all Health, Safety and Environment activities across their main site in Oxford with travel to other sites in the surrounding area.
The Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will be part of the fabric of this company and will join the existing health and safety team. This role will play a key part in the continuing success of the organisation.
Responsibilities of Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Leading, developing and managing a small team of SHEQ professionals focused on site activities
- Developing and implementing new initiatives to increase health and safety performance, awareness and understanding across the business
- Overseeing regular auditing across safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and relevant enforcement agencies
The successful Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will have:
- Experience from within mining, waste/recycling, civil engineering, heavy manufacturing or other related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in the boardroom and on sites
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader within their field in a professional, dynamic working environment. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.