Health and Safety Advisor | North Wales | £400 Per Day (Outside IR35)
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of one of their largest civil engineering projects in the UK. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires.
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or utilities
- Ideally a hold or working towards NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant IOSH status
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. Contact Tom Hewat on or 01923 432 537. Ref: 2543
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.