Sustainability Manager | Birmingham or Leeds with Site Travel
£55,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to announce Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a leading Principal Contractor to recruit a new Sustainability Manager, to join their existing, growing team. The company currently turnover circa £800m, and work on a range of major construction projects across various sectors. This position will be responsible for multiple sites between Birmingham and Leeds.
The successful candidate will be driven to progress their career, working closely with the Head of Environment and Sustainability to achieve this.
Key responsibilities of the Sustainability Manager will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the sustainability policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a range of diverse projects
- Working closely with the wider project teams on matters regarding BREEAM, and reporting progress and findings back to the design teams
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Sustainability Manager requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within Construction, Civil engineering, or related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, and experience working with BREEAM
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
This position will include frequent travel. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Jessica Rowe on 01923 432 693 or , or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.