Senior Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager
Crawley or Edinburgh | £75,000 + Car allowance & Excellent benefits
An exciting newly created opportunity has arisen with a leading utilities provider as a Senior Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and are going through a major growth phase. With an infrastructure portfolio of over £1bn the solutions provided by the company provide are essential services for the UK. Health and Safety are the top of the agenda for this organisation and this is a critical role to help set and deliver the strategy.
This role will primarily focus on working with the SHEQ Director to create and deliver the strategy successfully throughout the business.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Engaging key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making particularly at the design phase
- Leading on the creation and implementation of health and safety initiatives across the business
- Leading on the relationship with external stakeholders such as the HSE and other regulatory bodies
The successful Senior Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a senior health, safety and sustainability role driving change across large organisations, ideally from infrastructure, utilities or a high hazard environment
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations and experience driving change
- Ideally NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH and IEMA
- The ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
For further information contact Dean Townshend on or 01923 432 689 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.