Senior Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £70,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are delighted to be engaged by one of the UK's leading Construction Principal Contractor, to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager. This candidate will have experience with managing a team, a strong strategic outlook and previous experience working on complex, high rise projects.
Specifically, this organisation is looking for a creative, innovative, individual with new ideas, particularly around health and safety strategy, which can ensure their safety programme continues to deliver to the highest standard. It is essential candidates for this role have a proven track record of engaging and influencing senior management and clients of a company that turnover more than one billion pounds annually.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working with the Health and Safety Director to develop and continually refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading the Health and Safety Team ensuring the delivery of the strategy on site
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stake holders to implement change
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from a principal contractor, with experience with high rise builds
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (and relevant IOSH membership)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Callum Wilson on or 01923 432 677 to apply and for further details.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.