Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Northampton (Homebased with travel)
Circa £45,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's largest vet practices to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. The organisation has over 5000 employees and are growing rapidly. This role is responsible for driving health and safety best practice across 50 vet practices in the South Midlands area, primarily through engaging, supporting and directing the health and safety point of contact on each site.
The role will be home based with weekly travel to sites across the region.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Acting as a key point of contact for the vets across the region on health and safety matters.
- Helping to ensure sites are fully compliant with both UK legislation and the company strategy for health and safety.
- Supporting the health and safety champion network, staying in regular contact and ensuring the strategy is delivered onsite.
- Providing expert health and safety advice to operational teams both internal and external.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a multisite, large complex organization. experience in a veterinarian / hospital environment would be ideal but not essential.
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) and hold TECH IOSH status.
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors both virtually and in person.
- Enthusiasm and the desire to really make a difference in health and safety is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.