Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Maidenhead | £35,000 to £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
We have been engaged by one of worlds largest intergovernmental horticultural organisations who are looking to appoint a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to be based in the Maidenhead area with very occasional travel to countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
This role requires a self-starter who can drive forward a positive Health and Safety culture in a dynamic and varied environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Supporting the site teams by providing constructive advice and feedback on their Health and Safety practices, identifying areas for improvement and feeding back as appropriate
- Accidents, near misses and incident reporting whilst monitoring key issues and trends
- Drawing up annual monitoring plans in liaison with the Regional and Country Managers, and coordinating and analysing country performance providing practical advice on corrective and preventative actions as necessary
- Maintaining, updating and improving the company's management systems and wider framework
- Delivering Health and Safety knowledge gap analyses and an associated Health and Safety Training plan for staff
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Previous experience across within facilities management, horticulture, maintenance or related industries
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent knowledge of ISO/OHSAS standards with experience in maintaining and updating these management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and flexible approach to safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to rollout new initiatives, drive forward best practice and implement change within an industry leading organisation. For further details please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Advisor, through to Health and Safety Director positions.