Senior Group Environment and Sustainability Manager
St Albans or Manchester
Circa £95,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
A leading construction and civil engineering company is looking to expand their senior leadership team, with the hire of a new Senior Group Environment and Sustainability Manager. This organisation recently secured a huge investment to support their ambitious expansion plans and are seeking to hire an influential Environment and Sustainability champion. This is a true leadership position and will lead the direction and policy development for Environment and Sustainability across this group of companies to ensure uniformity.
Responsibilities of the Senior Group Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Aligning Environmental policy in individual businesses to ensure compliance, best practice, and consistency across the group
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
- Develop and implement plans to challenge the organisation and consistently improve the business
- Identify and analyse group-wide data, and report findings to private equity partners
The successful Senior Group Environment and Sustainability Manager requires:
- Significant Environmental and Sustainability Management experience, ideally within the construction, civils, or related industry sector
- Expertise in the successful deployment of Environmental Management Systems, and understanding of Science Based Target initiatives (SBTi) would be advantageous
- Practitioner or Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent recognised environmental body) and ideally working towards Full or Chartership level
- Experience leading strategy, and a strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental legislation, compliance, and regulations
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real impact on a company's environment and sustainability journey.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801 or or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.