Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 Plus Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a global leader in the specialist chemical manufacturing industry to recruit a Safety, Health and Environment Manager. This role will lead on Health, Safety and Environment for a hazardous chemical manufacturing facility based in Rotherham.
The organisation has an excellent reputation in the industry, with a long history of successful operation across the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Environment Manager will include:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across the site, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Developing and managing the annual Health, Safety and Environment plan and objectives
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation to ensure compliance
- Managing the induction, training and development programme across the site
- Continually developing and reviewing Health, Safety and Environment management systems in line with industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, manufacturing, chemicals or a related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate (as minimum) and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- COMAH experience
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
This position would suit an experienced Health, Safety and Environment professional who enjoys striving for improvements and best practice. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.