Regional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
London - with regional travel across Greater London
£35,000 to £45,000 plus Car or Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We have been engaged by a global leader in the waste and recycling industry, to recruit a Regional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor. The company has over a hundred locations across the world and an extensive network and workforce across the UK. The Regional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor will support site operations across London.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall health, safety and environmental strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibilities of the Regional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor will include:
- Working closely with the Regional SHE Manager to implement the safety, health and environmental strategy
- Engaging across sites at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed safety, health and environment best practice
- Delivering support and training to site operatives on health, safety and environment issues as required
- Performing regular audits and inspections across sites in the regional area, accurately reporting on findings
- Ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice
The successful Regional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor will have:
- Previous experience within heavy manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry experience
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) in health and safety and membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH or IEMA Environmental Management Certificate (desirable)
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
This role would suit an experienced SHE professional looking to progress their career further in a successful and growing global organisation. Please contact Zoe Dunhill on or 01923 432 629 to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.