Regional Health and Safety Advisor (Built Environment)
London | £63,000 + Travel and excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading company within construction and the built environment as Regional Health and Safety Advisor. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to join the expanding Health and Safety Team. The solutions provided by the company provide a critical function to many of the largest construction projects in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for a health and safety professional to further develop their career, responsibilities for the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Communicating and ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policies across the organisation, including gaining key stakeholder engagement and running training programmes
- Assisting and advising project managers on the day to day implementation of the UK health and safety management system and auditing against this
- Acting as key point of contact with third party organisations, including contractors, clients and enforcement agencies
- Attending meetings with a range of key stakeholders engaging and influencing where required
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the built environment, civil engineering, construction, rail, infrastructure, utilities, or a related background
- A NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ qualification, at or above certificate level (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.