Regional Health and Safety Advisor
Wigan, Wirral, Nuneaton or Peterborough (Home based with travel around the North West)
Circa £40,000 Plus Car or Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by one of the leading integrated waste management companies in the UK to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor. The organisation has over 2,000 employees and this role will be joining the large existing health and safety team. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the company. This is a regional role covering multiple sites with an element of home working.
Responsibilities of the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety culture across the sites, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Supporting site teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Regularly visiting sites, auditing health and safety performance
- Supporting on the development and improvement of the sites; including training where required.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role. Experience within waste, environmental services would be beneficial but not essential.
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.