Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by an award-winning transport organisation who are looking to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor. This position is primarily focused on ensuring the successful delivery of Health and Safety across their portfolio of public transport depots.
This role will play an essential part on working with the operational team to ensure health and safety best practice and to promote a positive health and safety culture across the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- To arrange and visit health and safety walk rounds (at main depots, outstations and parking areas) with site management to offer advice and guidance to ensure a safe environment for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are reviewed and updated, completing accident investigations and risk assessments as
- Organise training sessions for staff and undertake regular Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven health and safety experience within Transport, Heavy Industrial environments, property management or facilities management industries
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that supports continued professional development and progression. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Zoe Dunhill on , +44 (0)1923 432 629.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.