QHSE Projects Lead (Client-Side Construction)
London / Leeds (with wider UK travel)
Circa £70,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest Real Estate and FM organisations, who are looking to bring onboard a new QHSE Projects Lead, to focus particularly on new commercial and residential construction projects (client-side). This role will also focus on working both internally and externally with key stakeholders including designers and Principal Contractors, to ensure health and safety is embedded within the decision-making process throughout the full project life cycle.
This role is Nationwide across the UK, focussing on numerous projects - and reports into the overall Projects Director.
Responsibilities of the QHSE Projects Lead will include:
- Engaging key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making particularly at the design phase
- Leading on the implementation of a health and safety procurement framework to drive performance through the supply chain
- Managing and supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
The successful QHSE Projects Lead will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role driving change across large organisations, ideally from a client-side role or Principal Contractor
- Strong understanding of the CDM regulations and experience working with designers to eliminate risk
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and hold or working towards Chartered Membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
For further information contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.