National Health and Safety Manager
Yeovil (Home/Site/Office Flexibility) - Circa £75,000 + Car or Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a national specialist construction company to recruit a National Health and Safety Manager to join the team. The organisation is a global leader in their niche field within the construction space and this role will be responsible for their sites across the UK. This role will be predominately based out of the Yeovil office with regular travel to the sites across the country.
Key responsibilities of the National Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation on sites and keeping up to date with policies and procedures
- Help with implementation of the health and safety strategy on sites, working closely with the client and contractors ensuring health and safety best practice
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the National Health and Safety Manager:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally in construction or related field.
- Experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Grad/Tech IOSH, and ideally working towards CMIOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of clients and projects throughout the UK.
For further details and to apply please contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Ref: 1836.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.