Interim Senior Health and Safety Manager
Contract: up to £500 per day (Inside IR35)
We have been engaged to recruit a Interim Senior Health and Safety Manager who will lead on company level Health and Safety activities. This role will lead on health and safety strategy, policy development and form part of the leadership team for a high profile infrastructure and transport organisation. The role will be a 3 to 6 month contract, reporting to board level management.
Responsibilities of the Interim Senior Health and Safety Manager include:
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to the Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across ensuring full regulatory compliance
- Ensure activities across the network are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Deliver relevant management reports on health & safety performance for the leadership team
The successful Interim Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a leadership health and safety role, ideally with some civils, construction, transport or related industry experience
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging key internal and external stakeholders
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) - ideally hold or working towards Chartered membership of a professional body (eg IOSH)
This is an excellent interim opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to work for a leader in their field. For further information and to apply, contact James Cox on or call 01923 432687
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.