Interim Health and Safety Manager
£450 per day (inside IR35)
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading medical equipment manufacturer, to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company are leaders in their field and known for their innovative high-quality products. This role is specifically responsible the company's main manufacturing site and will lead on all Health and Safety matters across the site. This interim position will also see the successful candidate engage on a couple of Health and Safety related projects that the business needs completing.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation and in line with wider Group strategy for health, safety, and environment
- Engaging across the site to drive improvement within health, safety, and environment
- Auditing safety, health, and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, operational staff, and external regulators
- Leading on new initiatives and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop Health, Safety and Environment
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or industrial environment
- Degree qualified with NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership position for a world leading brand within their field. If the role is of interest, please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.