Interim Health and Safety Director
£650 per day (InsideIR35)
Irwin and Colton are pleased to be engaged by one of the UKs leading transport and infrastructure providers to recruit an Interim Health and Safety Director. The organisation is a massive employer within local area, and play a major role in the local community. This position will report into the senior leadership team and work closely with the managing director. The organisation are looking for an individual who can deliver Health and Safety strategy, and drive a positive Health and Safety culture across the business.
Responsibilities of the Interim Health and Safety Director will include:
- Leading the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team internally and externally
- Driving the improvement and delivery of a robust safety management system across the organisation; aligned to operational and legal requirements
- Engaging with internal staff and external stakeholders, with involvement across all projects from a strategic perspective, to ensure compliance and drive a positive health and safety culture
- Strategically investigating key health and safety challenges with stakeholders and coaching staff to implement corrective actions to drive performance improvements
The successful Interim Health and Safety Director will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role within transportation and ideally exposure to the wider rail industry
- NEBOSH Diploma / equivalent and Graduate Member of IOSH minimum (ideally CMIOSH)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering the outcomes successfully
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established public body with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Cox on on +44(0) 1923 432 687 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.