Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Location: East London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 Plus Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a leading global waste management organisation to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the company. This role is London based with travel to one other site in Maidstone.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will include:
- Supporting the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
- Assist senior management with the implementation of new campaigns and company-wide initiatives
- Regularly visiting the sites, auditing health, safety and environmental performance seeking opportunities for improvement
- Assisting with inspecting job activities and delivering health, safety and environment training if required
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within heavy industrial, waste, manufacturing or a related industry
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader in their field. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Flynn on or call 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.