Health, Safety, and Environment Manager
Location: Leeds or Manchester (with regional travel across the North/Midlands)
Salary: Circa £55,000 plus car allowance
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by an industry leading real estate and FM organisation who are looking to bring on board a Health, Safety, and Environment Manager. The vacancy sits in the Critical/high-risk Environments Division, working with the likes of heavy manufacturing, healthcare, and pharmaceutical clients, and reports into the QHSE Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing health and safety team, looking to drive cultural change across the board, and to work in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety, and Environment Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders to drive a positive health and safety culture, from employees right through to senior management
- Supporting the wider business units on the development and delivery of technical safety protocol, and identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally with clients
- Assessment and development of the health and safety management systems to ensure that it reflects best practice
- To analyse risk across the critical working environment and to create change to mitigate risks
The successful Health, Safety, and Environment Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH general certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of a professional body (Technical Member of IOSH)
- Proven experience within property or the built environment, ideally from a facilities management background (Hard FM)
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and liaising with senior management to create cultural change on safety
- Good working understanding of relevant ISO systems (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established real estate company with a long history and strong heritage.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.