Health, Safety and Environment Manager
£55,000 + Hybrid Company Car
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by one of the UKs leading civil engineering and groundworks contractors to recruit a HSE Manager, this role will involve managing two advisors as well helping shape the company's strategic direction for health, safety and enviornment. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the HSE agenda is core to their operations.
Key responsibilities of the HSE Manager will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the HSE policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across the company
- Reviewing health and safety performance based upon audits and constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements
- Undertake preliminary assessments and provide training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful HSE Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate, and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Kristian Gribble on 01923 432 690 or or apply here. Ref: 1814.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.