Health, Safety and Environment Manager, Birmingham, £50,000-£55,000 plus car and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile construction partner to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join the team. The organisation is a global leader in their niche field within the construction space and this role will be responsible for their sites across the UK. This role will be predominately based out of Birmingham with regular site travel. The client has grown a very competent health and safety culture and are looking for the successful candidate to build on this.
Key responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation on sites and keeping up to date with policies and procedures
- Help with implementation of the health and safety strategy on sites, working closely with the client and contractors ensuring HSE best practice
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the Health, Safety and Environment Manager:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally in construction, logistics or heavy manufacturing.
- ISO management experience including 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Tech IOSH and ideally working towards Grad IOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of clients and major projects throughout the UK. For further details and to apply please contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 684 (Job reference: AH1760).
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.