Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: Dunstable (Hybrid work pattern - 2/3 days home/office)
We've been engaged by a well-established audit and certification company operating in the electrical and gas installation industry to secure a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. The role will form part of the Senior Management team and will lead on health, safety and environment for the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Health, Safety and Environment across the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward-thinking organisation who are leaders in their field and help to drive health, safety, environment performance forward. The focus of this role will be health and safety however the successful candidate with play an important role in developing the environmental strategy and wellbeing initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging with all levels of the organisation, to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
- Leading on programmes of work and new initiatives across environment, health and wellbeing
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Experience within engineering, transport, mechanical and electrical, or other related industry
- A proactive and self-motivated approach
- Ideally a NEBOSH, NVQ 5, or NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) Membership of IOSH (Grad or Chartered)
- Environment experience or qualifications would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation and take a lead roles across HSE and sustainability. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.