Health, Safety and CDM Advisor
Cambridge | £47,000 + Car
We're pleased to have been engaged by a major construction company to recruit a CDM Advisor in a newly created role. The organisation are well established in their industry and provide construction solutions on many on the UK's largest projects. Health and safety has always been at the top of the agenda and this role is critical to ensure their continued success.
Responsibilities of the CDM Advisor will include:
- Managing and coordinating projects, engaging a range of key stakeholders and offering CDM Advice to the business ensuring best practice
- Communicating effectively with clients and contractors to drive the CDM process to ensure compliance
- Co-ordinating and communicating Health & Safety activity across the business and liaising with all departments within the company
- Conducting site audits, ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Managing Health and Safety in office environment including DSE assessments and coordinating fire safety activities
The successful CDM Advisor will have:
- Relevant Health & Safety experience within housing and construction, civils, utilities or related industries
- An understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations and relevant membership of APS
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate your CDM career within a reputable and growing organisation. For further information or to discuss the next step in your health and safety career contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.