Health and Safety Permit to Work Coordinator
Plymouth | £Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
We have been engaged by a leading aggregates and construction company, to recruit a Health and Safety Permit to Work Coordinator. Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety, this role will be focused on supporting the administration and coordination of the integrated Safe System of work, to allow issuing of work permits.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall health, safety and environmental strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Permit to Work Coordinator will include:
- Working closely with the Head of Health and Safety, approving the individual Permit to Work Requests and ensuring all associated approved documents are relevant and available (i.e., Lift Plans & RAMS)
- Ensuring all Permit Holders are fully aware of the task to be performed, hazards associated with it and the precautionary measures that shall be undertaken
- Determining any other requirement or safety measure to be implemented to achieve a safe working environment
- Ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice
The successful Health and Safety Permit to Work Coordinator will have:
- Previous experience within construction, heavy manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry experience
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate or equivalent (desirable) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
This role would suit an enthusiastic individual looking to progress their career in HSE within a successful and growing organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289 to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.