Health and Safety Officer
London South-East (Regional Travel) | £35,000 - £40,000 + Van & Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a unique service provider to the construction industry, who work with multiple major Principal Contractors on the largest sites in the UK. They're looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join the team in the London and South-East area. This role includes travelling to sites carrying out inspections, with flexible office and home working.
The organisation has an excellent track record for health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams and managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting site inspections, and reporting findings
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or related industry
- A NEBOSH Certificate
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A good technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. (Job reference - KG 2369)
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.