Health and Safety Officer
Brunel University London - Uxbridge, West London
Salary: £40,745 - £52,841 plus excellent benefits
We have been given the opportunity to partner with one of London's leading University, Brunel, to support the expansion across their Health, Safety, and Environment team. They are looking to bring onboard a new Health and Safety Officer, to work closely with the wider safety and fire safety team across the University's facilities and estates. The role would also report to the Head of Health, Safety, and Environment.
Brunel University London consists of circa 18,000 students and 2,500 staff members and continues to develop across several areas; driving its capabilities to improve student academia and life. Brunel is also very well known for its sporting facilities and played host to numerous athletes whilst they prepared for their given events at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Helping to promote best practise across the University for health, safety, and fire safety
- Reviewing and developing the current health and safety systems and supporting the University fire safety officer with fire risk assessments
- Assessing and developing on current safety training for internal staff, students, and external clients
- Assisting stakeholders across the organisation on overall safety management, conducting risk/fire risk assessments and regular audits, and inspections
- Seeking opportunities to improve performance across safety and contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Working with the wider team to maintain ISO-system 45001
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH general certificate/equivalent as a minimum (with relevant IOSH membership)
- Demonstrable experience of fire & risk management as a minimum
- Proven experience of safety training development and delivery
- Proven experience in a similar health, safety, and fire safety position, ideally within universities/commercial property portfolios
- Proven experience with management systems (particularly 45001)
- Good communications skills with experience of engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-renowned London University and knowledgeable team, to progress your career further. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart at or 01923 432 636
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.