Health and Safety Officer
£35,000 to £38,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a quickly growing specialist in the construction sector. They're looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join the office who has great potential to grow and develop with the full support of the business. In this role you will have responsibility for compliance within the office environment and be the key point of contact for the department. This role is for someone who wants build a strong career in Health and Safety, with fantastic prospects for ongoing learning and progression.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Ensure that the organisations health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to, ensuring the compliance of the business with internal and external stakeholders.
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams and managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Completion of PQQs, ITTs and SSIP renewals
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- 1 year experience in a similar role ideally within the wider construction or related industry
- A NEBOSH Certificate
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A good technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
- A willingness to continue to develop, and growth mindset to progress with the organisation
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. Contact Callum Wilson on or 01923 432 690. (Job reference - CW 2668)
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.