Health and Safety Officer | Holmfirth (1 Year FTC)
£30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a global leader in the textile manufacturing industry to recruit a Health and Safety Officer on a 1-year fixed term contract. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the site.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across the site, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Supporting the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
- Auditing Health and Safety performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within manufacturing, FMCG or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
- Excellent communication skills with experience in engaging with colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to rollout new initiatives, drive forward best practice and implement change within an industry leading organisation. For further details please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.