Health and Safety Manager | St Albans
£67,000 + Company Vehicle and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a leading building maintenance company to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This role will look after the operational safety for the organisation across their maintenance division and it will involve the management of a small team.
The organisation works closely with the rail industry therefore any experience within this sector will be extremely beneficial.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Investigating incidents and implementing corrective actions to drive performance improvements
- Managing across the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
- Overseeing administrative tasks and collection of data once tasks have been completed and revealing the findings to improve performance
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety position ideally across building maintenance, M&E and/or rail
- Ideally some experience managing a team
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and hold or working towards Chartered Membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
For further information contact Elizabeth Ferguson at or on 01923 433 215 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.