Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are delighted to be engaged by one of the world's most renowned Universities to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their operational safety team within their research and development facility. This position will play a leading role in developing a positive and proactive health and safety culture across the organisation, ensuring the safety of students, staff, and the facility.
The University facility leads across diverse and complex scientific research, within laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms, and report into the Head of Health and Safety
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections across the institution, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Providing health and safety support across the Institution, particularly within the research departments
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within scientific research, Universities, containment facilities, or similar environment
- Bioscience or biology background is desirable
- NEBOSH General Certificate (and relevant IOSH membership)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Matthew Cathcart on 01923 432 636 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.