Health and Safety Manager
Basingstoke | Circa £50,000 plus Car or Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a large, high-profile waste/recycling organisation to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company is going form strength to strength and this role is critical to ensure this continues successfully. This role will work closely with the Health and Safety Director and will be responsible for 8 sites across the Berkshire area.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on sites, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams and managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within waste/recycling, aggregates or a related industry
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or 01923 432 635.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.