Health and Safety Manager
Belfast or Newry | Circa £55,000 Plus Car & Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a high-profile utilities service provider to recruit a Health and Safety to join the team. The organisation is a leader in their niche field, this role will be responsible for assessing the feedback from the site audits and working with company leadership to identify opportunities for improvement. This role will be based out of either Belfast or Newry with occasional site travel and a flexible work life balance.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensuring company compliance with health and safety legislation and keeping up to date with policies and procedures
- Driving positive development across the business through constantly assessing audits and data and implementing action plans
- Occasional site visits, assisting, advising and coaching site teams, and contractors to ensure HSE policies and procedures are successfully implemented
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally in construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Solid experience creating and implementing health and safety policies and procedures with a keen eye for data and detail
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching business operations
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- NEBOSH Certificate, or equivalent, ideally working towards Diploma level, and relevant membership of IOSH
Extensive experience in confined spaces or working at height would be ideal.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of clients. For further details and to apply please contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Ref: KG2033.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.