Health and Safety Manager | London City Airport | Circa £55,000
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a high-profile construction client with a turnover above £100m to recruit a new Health and Safety Manager to join the team. The role will be covering various construction projects in London City Airport. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety and professional who is looking to develop their career further within the industry.
As the role will be based at London City Airport the successful candidate must have security clearance, or they must be eligible to apply for security clearance.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring, coaching and developing contractors
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working towards Diploma level and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on 01923 432 690 or (Job Ref: 2007).
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.