Health and Safety Manager
London | Excellent Salary & Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged exclusively by Derwent London to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. Derwent London are the largest London focused real estate investment trust and among the UK's most innovative property regeneration specialists and investors. They are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index, with a portfolio which includes 77 buildings totaling 5.6 million sq ft, 99% of which is located in central London. This role offers a unique opportunity for a Health and Safety professional to join a true leader in the property industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working with the Building Managers, Health and Safety Team, and other key stakeholders to ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the property portfolio
- Both managing external consultants and undertaking a regular audit schedule to ensure the consistency of health and safety performance and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring Property H&S Compliance and effective contractor management through suitable H&S software systems
- Providing expert guidance and ensuring accurate and timely reporting, engaging with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Day-to-day support on health and safety including investigating incidents and implementing corrective actions to drive performance improvements
- Supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar multi-site role within property, facilities management (or a related industry)
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching across all levels of the organisation
- Hold a NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) and ideally working towards Diploma / NVQ6 (or equivalent) level and relevant status within a membership body - IOSH / IIRSM
- A current understanding of associated risks, legislation, and best practice within a large complex property portfolio (commercial office, retail, residential)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.