Health and Safety Manager, Reading (Regional), Circa £55,000 + Car or Car Allowance and Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company have a great reputation for their work in the UK turning over circa £1bn. They have an excellent track record of health and safety performance, and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed. This role will cover sites in the South of England (excluding London), with the regional office based in Berkshire.
Responsibilities of Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Auditing and reporting on health and safety performance
- Constantly assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience operating at site influencing and engaging key stakeholders
- Ideally a NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and Grad IOSH status working towards chartership
- Experience with RC Frames is desirable
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Andy Harris on 01923 432 634 or (Job ref: AH1980)
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.