Health and Safety Manager | Wokingham | Circa £55,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a large, high profile demo and waste/recycling company to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join the team. The company is family run and has been established nearly 30 years covering the Berkshire and South region of the UK. This role will work closely with the Health and Safety Director, and will be responsible for 8 sites.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Managing and working closely with site teams to ensure documentation is in place and they can achieve the effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Auditing, inspecting and reporting on health and safety performance across the sites
- Conducting incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within demo, civil engineering, waste/recycling, aggregates or a related industry
- Experience operating at site, influencing and engaging across the business
- Familiar with ISO Management systems including 45001, 14001 and 9001
- Hold NEBOSH / NCRQ Certificate and ideally a member of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage people and competing priorities
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634. (JOB REFERENCE: AH1893)
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Manager positions.