Health and Safety Manager
Farnborough | £75,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a major Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company are currently going through a major growth phase with planned turnover of circa £1bn. Health and safety performance is critical to this successful growth, and this role is working closely on some of the organisation's major projects.
The role is tasked both with ensuring the health and safety policies and procedures are in place across the business, and working with site leaders to ensure the successful implementation onsite.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working with the Head of Health and Safety to assess the current health and safety policies and procedures undertaking a gap analysis
- Driving positive development across the business through constantly improving the policies and procedures and implementing action plans
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching site leaders and contractors to ensure the HSE policies and procedures are successfully implemented
- Implementing an audit programme to ensure the HSE policies and procedures are consistently implemented at site level
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role, ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a Principal Contractor
- Solid experience creating and implementing health, safety and environment policies and procedures with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching senior management and site level operations
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate, ideally working towards Diploma level, and relevant membership of IOSH
This is a mobile role and will involve regular travel. A UK Driver's Licence is essential.
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on Job reference: KG1959
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.