Health and Safety Manager
London | £ Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by Liberty London to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team. Founded in 1875, Liberty London is famed for its directional design, cultural collaborations and inspiring curation. Based from the Grade II* listed London store and headquarters, this role will work across all departments and is tasked to both ensure compliance and to drive health and safety practices.
This is an exciting opportunity in an extremely diverse environment where no two days will be the same.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensuring that the business remains compliant in regard to all health and safety law, legislation and approved codes of practice in the workplace
- Working with key stakeholders to feed into projects, events, marketing and design drafts along with business operations ensuring all business activities are robustly risk assessed
- Lead on the delivery of health and safety training across fire safety, manual handling, working at height, and food hygiene
- Supporting internal and external stakeholders including insurers and consultants, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of health and safety within the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role from within a diverse environment
- Ideally experience with related risks such as asbestos management, FRA, food hygiene, events/displays, CDM, design risk assessments, and minor refurbishment/construction projects
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and hold Grad IOSH status
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
Experience in developing and implementing wellbeing programs would be an advantage
For further information contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.