Health and Safety Manager
Circa £38,000-£40,500 + Excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest property management companies to identify a new Health and Safety Manager. The organisation has a multimillion-pound turnover and specialises across a wide variety of commercial, retail, educational, and residential property. This role is to be part of the team managing a large retail outlet (part of their client portfolio). This role will involve working closely with key internal stakeholders across the business, to raise the level of health and safety performance across the retail outlet, and reports into the site's Operations Manager.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders on site, to drive a positive health and safety culture.
- Assessment of the health and safety management systems to ensure they reflect best practice.
- Conducting site inspections as required, working closely with local partners and teams, as well as external specialist consultants, across the outlet
- Working with the wider team in the development and delivery of the health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role, driving change ideally within a property or facilities management environment.
- Experience influencing and engaging at all levels.
- Proven understanding of ISO management systems is ideal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established real estate company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.