Health and Safety Advisor
Kent | £65,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a successful housebuilder and developer for a Health and Safety Manager. The role will cover a range of projects for a company with a recent turnover of c.£100m. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operations in the UK, and this is an excellent opportunity to join the expanding health and safety team.
This role will report into the Health and Safety Director.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Visiting site, assessing health and safety performance and implementing an effective audit plan
- Working with the wider health and safety team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause and carrying out toolbox talks and training where required
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within housebuilding, RC frame or timber frame
- NEBOSH (or equivalent)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential. The position will include travel, therefore a valid UK driving licence is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Elizabeth Ferguson on or 01923 433 215.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England recruiting across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.