Health and Safety Manager
Birmingham-based (with wider UK travel)
Up to £50,000 + Car allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate organisations to identify a new Health and Safety Manager. The organisation has a multibillion-pound turnover and specialises across a wide variety of commercial and residential property. This role will be focusing on the property management for one of their most prestigious clients, who own the assets to multiple listed buildings across the UK.
This role will report into the Senior Manager, with a dotted line to the HSE Director for the organisation, and work with key internal stakeholders across the business, to raise the level of health and safety performance across a large property portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders on site locations to drive a positive health and safety culture
- Assessment of the health and safety management systems to ensure that it reflects best practice
- Conducting site inspections as required, working closely with local partners and teams, as well as external specialist consultants, across the property portfolio
- Supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of health and safety operations, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
- Ensuring that compliance standards are met relative to key performance indicators
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH general certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH.
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role; ideally with property or FM experience.
- Experience influencing and engaging at all levels within a large property portfolio environment.
- Proven understanding of ISO management systems is ideal.
This role requires UK-wide travel, so a driving license is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established real estate company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.