Health and Safety Lead
Borehamwood | £75,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a growing and dynamic Principal Contractor and developer to recruit a Health and Safety Lead in a newly created role. The company have a number of residential development projects predominantly in North London. Reporting into the Operations Director this role is tasked with working with the site management and business leaders to continue the excellent base already established in health and safety.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Lead will include:
- Assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Auditing and reporting on health and safety performance
- Constantly assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Lead will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry - ideally with some RC Frame experience
- Experience operating at site influencing and engaging key stakeholders
- Ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and Grad IOSH status
- The desire and ability to work within a very tight-knit team and work collaboratively to improve health and safety
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.