Health and Safety Coordinator (1 Year FTC)
Milton Keynes | £25,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist industrial manufacturing company to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator. The organisation has a global reach and is a leader in their field, the role will involve travel across London and the South of England visiting sites where their products are installed.
Health and Safety are part of the fabric of this organisation and they have an exceptional track record. This role will join the existing health and safety team and will play a key part in their continuing success.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Coordinator will include:
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Visiting sites on a regular basis to audit external sales staff and engineers
- Identifying and proposing changes to policies, procedures and processes to improve the company's compliance with H&S duties
- Assisting with internal and external audits to ensure continued accreditation to ISO9001, 14001, 18001/45001
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies where applicable
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- Proven experience in a similar industry such as utilities, construction, maintenance and product installations
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent), membership of relevant body (e.g. IOSH)
- Experience working with established management systems - ISO 14001, 9001, 45001 (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field within a team that supports continued professional development and progression. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.