Health and Safety Coordinator | Peterlee
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to have been engaged by a specialist global manufacturing and engineering organisation to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator. The role will support the health and safety team across one of their large manufacturing facilities in Peterlee with occasional travel to other sites.
This is a great opportunity to drive health and safety performance forward for a global organisation who are leaders in their field and have an excellent reputation.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Coordinator will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to assist on the implementation of the health and safety policies and procedures across the site
- Supporting management on regular audit and reporting programs and communicating performance across the organisation
- Assisting the Health and Safety Manager to promote a positive health and safety culture across the business
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- Similar experience in a health and safety role within manufacturing, FMCG, chemicals or other related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with experience in engaging with colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- A good understanding across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking global organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.