Health and Safety Coordinator
Salary: Circa £30,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are delighted to be engaged by a renowned research and development facility to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their operational safety team. This position will play a supporting role in developing a positive and proactive health and safety culture across the organisation.
The organisation is a diverse and complex institution that includes scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Coordinator will include:
- Supporting the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Assisting on reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Providing effective support to the Health and Safety Advisors on all aspects of Health and Safety work
- Providing Health and Safety support across the Institution, including developing and delivering of Health and Safety training programmes and maintenance of records
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate or equivalent is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This role would suit a candidate looking to progress their career within Health and Safety in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.