Health and Safety Apprentice
Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Luton or Bishop's Stortford | £28,000 + Car Allowance
We have been engaged by a specialist construction company to recruit a new Health and Safety Apprentice. The business is rapidly growing its portfolio and has multiple sites spread primarily across the Southeast of England. The role reports into the Head of Health and Safety and will have broad exposure to a variety of Health and Safety projects and initiatives. The company is going from strength to strength and this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career and responsibilities within the Health and Safety team.
Although some exposure to Health and Safety is ideal, the client is willing to take on a candidate without this but with an interest in developing a career in Health and Safety and the right attitude to grow and learn.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Apprentice will include:
- Working with the wider Health and Safety team, ensuring management systems and accreditations are successfully maintained
- Visiting sites, collecting data and carrying out site inspections
- Sharing Health and Safety information across the business
- Involvement in the delivery of health and safety training to employees across the business
The successful Health and Safety Apprentice will have:
- Ideally hold or be working towards a Health and Safety related qualification
- Desire to develop a career in Health and Safety
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your health and safety career within a reputable and growing organisation. The position will include travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Elizabeth Ferguson on 01923 433 215 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.