Health & Safety Advisor, High Wycombe with Regional Travel, Circa £45,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of long-term utility contracts across the South East of England. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to their success.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting sites and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering Health and Safety related enquires
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance, and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders
The successful Health & Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar health and safety role ideally within civil engineering, utilities or related construction industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Drive and enthusiasm with a desire to promote a positive health and safety culture
- Street works experience would be ideal
This position will provide an opportunity for growth and development. A UK Driver's license is essential. For more information please contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634. (Ref AH2023)
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.