Health and Safety Advisor | Yorkshire
£50,000 + Car Allowance & Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are working with a major Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture on one of the organisation's brand-new major projects in Yorkshire. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and motivated health and safety professional looking to further develop and grow their career with a leader in the construction industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Leading on health and safety and engaging across the site, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry
- Minimum of NEBOSH Construction or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
An excellent opportunity to work with a leading construction company working on a brand new high-profile project. If you have the required experience, please contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Ref: KG2001
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.