Health and Safety Advisor
Didcot | £40,000 + Company Car and Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by one of the leading integrated waste management companies in the UK to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the company. This is a regional role covering multiple sites, with the main office based in the Didcot area.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across the sites, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Supporting and advising site teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Regularly visiting assigned sites, auditing health, safety, environment and quality performance
- Assisting senior management with the implementation of new campaigns and company-wide initiatives
- Supporting the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, environmental services or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Flynn on or call 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.